What do I need to register my business in Delaware?
Register Your Business
- Determine if you need an Employer Identification Number (EIN) from the Internal Revenue Service (I.R.S.).
- Use the Delaware Business One Stop Online system, to get three important tasks accomplished online: Obtain your General Business License from the Delaware Division of Revenue.
How much does it cost to register a business in Delaware?
Delaware Incorporation Fees
The state fee to incorporate in Delaware is a minimum of $89. This includes your Division of Corporation fees ($50), filing fee tax ($15 minimum), and the county fee ($24).
How do I set up a DBA in Delaware?
How to File a Delaware DBA. Delaware trade names must be registered in each county where your company does business. You can do this by submitting the Registration of Trade, Business & Fictitious Name Certificate with the County Clerk’s office by mail or in-person. The certificates must be notarized.
How do I register an LLC in Delaware?
Forming an LLC in Delaware Is easy
- STEP 1: Name your Delaware LLC. …
- STEP 2: Choose a Registered Agent in Delaware. …
- STEP 3: File the Delaware LLC Certificate of Formation. …
- STEP 4: Create Your Delaware LLC Operating Agreement. …
- STEP 5: Get a Delaware LLC EIN.
Does Delaware require a business license?
Yes, a State of Delaware business license is needed in addition to any professional licenses. Please visit the Division of Professional Regulations to see which professions require additional licensure.
What are the benefits of registering a business in Delaware?
Advantages of Incorporating in Delaware
- The state offers some tax benefits. …
- There is a corporation court. …
- Filings are processed quickly. …
- Privacy is protected. …
- Residency is not required. …
- You can have a slimmed-down corporate structure. …
- Investors prefer Delaware.
What is the Delaware loophole?
Often referred to as the “Delaware loophole,” the accounting strategy enables huge corporations to declare certain types of revenue in the state where the company is incorporated rather than in the state where the business operates and the revenue is earned.
What taxes does an LLC pay in Delaware?
This means that the LLC itself does not pay taxes and does not have to file a return with the State of Delaware. As the sole member of your LLC, you must report all profits (or losses) of the LLC on Schedule C and submit it with your Delaware personal income tax return (Form 200).
Can you apply for a business license online?
While it’s difficult to estimate how long it’ll take to get a business license, there are a few things you can do to expedite the process. To start, if your state or city offers online applications, apply for your business license online. This will be faster than mailing an application or filling one out in person.
How much does a DBA cost in Delaware?
How much does a DBA cost in Delaware? The cost to register a DBA in Delaware is $25 for each county where the business operates.
Do I need to file a DBA in Delaware?
Delaware law requires the registration of a DBA; therefore, businesses cannot do business under the fictitious name prior to registration in the relevant county or counties.
How do I file a DBA?
To do business under a DBA, you must complete and file the appropriate DBA forms and pay a filing fee, after which point you receive a DBA certificate. Depending on the state you may be able to file with a local or county clerk’s office, with a state agency, or both.